Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chicken and Red Potatoes

Okay, I'm on a slow cooker kick.  It's been a busy week, and I needed recipes that worked for me while I was gone.  I really like this dish, but if the chicken cooks too long, it gets a little dry.  However, the broth/gravy that cooks with it, solves that problem nicely.  This dish is a winner in my house!

4 boneless chicken breasts
3 T flour
2 T oil
4 red potatoes, quartered
2 c baby carrots, halved lengthwise
1 can diced chilies
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained
1 can cream of onion soup
1/4 c milk
1/2 t chicken seasoning
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Place flour in plastic bag.  Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.  Brown chicken in oil in a skillet.  Meanwhile, place the carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and chilies in a greased crockpot.  In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.  Pour half of the mix over the veggies.  Add chicken to the slow cooker; top with remaining soup mixture.  Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, or until chicken is done and veggies are tender.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kita said...

I love me some slow cooker goodness too. I noticed jambalaya below this one too! Ill be back to check more of these out. Thanks for the comment on http://passthesushi.com :)