Monday, March 1, 2010

Baked Eggs

I have a new favorite easy egg recipe. It's a favorite because, well, it's . . . . easy, but I think I already mentioned that. It also requires very few ingredients, and it tastes good. I took it to church yesterday and received lots of compliments. So here it is!

12 eggs
5 oz milk (whole or evaporated makes it richer)
1 t mustard
1 c shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle cheese in the bottom of the pan. Beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. (If you want to, add garlic powder and a chopped green onion. I did, and it was tasty!) Pour on top of cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until firm. Slice and serve warm.

Next time, I'm adding mushrooms if I have them, just for something a little different, but it was good without them!

No comments: