Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tropical Lime Chicken

This is a little different, but I like different. And I think it's especially good for summer time. You can broil it or fix it on the grill for about the same amount of time. It's one of those recipes that I don't know where I found it, but I'm glad I did!

Salsa:
1/2 c pineapple tidbits
1 medium kiwi, peeled and chopped
1/4 c chopped sweet red pepper
1 T lime juice
1 T white wine vinegar
1 T honey
1 t crushed red pepper

Chicken:
3 T, plus 1 1/2 t lime juice
1 T canola oil
1 T grated lime peel
1/8 t salt
1/8 t pepper
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 c couscous

In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients and refrigerate until serving. In a large Ziploc bag, combine the lime juice, oil, lime peel, salt and pepper and add the chicken. Seal the bag. Turn to coat; refrigerate 2 - 4 hours.

Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3 inches from the heat for 5 - 6 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with couscous and salsa.

3 comments:

AmberW said...

So, I want to know what the side dish in this picture is! It looks delish and different from our usual side dish fare.

livinginbetween said...

Amber, I'm thinking it was just snap peas and potatoes straight from a frozen foods bag! ;)

Susannah said...

I thought I'd stop by and visit you over here today. This chicken dish looks wonderful! I love lime in all it's variations--especially in pie! You're a busy blogger...

Come visit me at Susannah's {Kitchen} Aprons sometime soon. I have Ezekiel's Bread baking over there today.

(((Hugs)))

http://susannahsaprons.blogspot.com